Friday, May 21, 2010

And so it begins!

After months of being engaged- the process of actually planning the wedding has begun!

When Sam proposed, he asked that I not do any real planning until after I finished school and since I graduated last weekend I can actually start planning (despite the fact that I have done quite a bit of internet surfing during school- but its so much fun, can you blame me?)

As such I have created a vision of what I want my wedding to look like- I want the ceremony to be outside with a very natural and green backdrop and then the reception to be inside. We would like to do this at the same venue but its not necessary. I want everything to have a light and airy feel, but it should be elegant at the same time.

So anyway- last Tuesday, Keeley, my mom and I went venue shopping! We visited 3 venues in Central Texas and got some serious prospects.

#1 Old Salado Springs
- Pros: cheap! lots of space! comes with tables, chairs, ect.
- Cons: not exactly the vision I had- a little more country than I had been thinking

#2 The Inn at Salado
- Pros: Everything is included in the price
- Cons: WAY over priced for what is included! Too small, guests would be uncomfortable, smells weird

#3 Earle Harrison House (Waco)
- Pros: Exactly the vision I had: big white building with columns, beautifully landscaped grounds, very green! Comes with a lot of decorative material included in the price!
- Cons: The reception space is under a tent outdoors (could be hot!), not cheap

So far #1 is in the lead because it makes the most sense and we can really customize it, but we're going to look at a few more around this area. We had her hold the date we've been thinking about for 3 days so we could think about it but still no decisions have been made.

Will post pictures later!

No comments:

Post a Comment